Yep, you guessed it – Road Trip season is here. And as most road trips between friends, a small family, or even lovers would go, the number one pre-requisite is a car. Top 5 Things You Need In An Ideal Road Trip Car-mpanion
Not just any car will do. Preferably for me, one with an above-average sound system would qualify to take me places. I mean, no one wants to hear Thando singing off-tune, all the way to Timbuktu. Top 5 Things You Need In An Ideal Road Trip Car-mpanion
It’s almost summer, and I’m itching to grab a fully loaded luggage bag and hit the open road.
The feeling of a refreshing breeze lightly hitting my face feels a little too tangible to not experience, and wanderlust is certainly a thing.
The last road trip I can recall taking was to Sun City in the North West Province with a group of friends. We travelled in the Mercedes V Class V250d and the feature that stood out for most of us in the car, where the multiple USB charging ports. Absolute bliss for the modern-day social media-driven generation.
Whether you are travelling in a hatchback, SUV/SAV, minivan, sedan, convertible, electric, or sports car, some things remain essentials on long-distance travel.
With that said, here is a list of the top 5 things people find ideal and look for in a car that is road-trip worthy (with examples):
- Safety – Airbags, Automated Braking System (ABS), and the emergency triangle.
- Reliability – Functionality of elements such as lights, indicators, wipers, and tyres.
- Infotainment System – Bluetooth/USB capability, voice command, etc.
- Fuel Efficiency – According to Wheels24, “The Ford Fiesta 1.5 diesel is the stingiest when it comes to sipping fuel, with the automaker claiming 3.3-litres/100km.” – use it don’t use it.
- Space – Comfortable legroom and a big enough boot are a must.
It is often easy to underestimate the roadworthiness of a vehicle.
Remember your FLOWER and always ensure that you carry out the necessary checks before you travel: Fuel Lights Oil Water Electrics Rubber.
Now I’m daydreaming about my next road trip.